An employment information service in Cambodia brings job offers to unskilled workers through family and friends. It is a service based on trust, aimed at preventing people from falling prey to human trafficking.
Ashraful Azad: Of the five acts of genocide mentioned in the 1948 Convention on Genocide, four have been committed against the Rohingya in Myanmar since 1978
"For us, the change has to come from ourselves. And no one helps us"
“We’re solving a problem for the EU, but we don’t have enough resources to do it”
“Given the historic debt the state has towards our peoples, the best payment the state could make is education”
- Helping refugee students to build bridges in Germany
- Trump casts shadow over Standing Rock victory
- Testing out new arrangements for migrants in Paris
- Is the world’s largest solar project a “green megawatt” or a “green grab”?
- “The prison system in England and Wales is in meltdown”
- NGOs call for better protection for female refugees in Europe
- “No one knows the sites of all the mass graves in Lebanon”
- Are working mothers being forced to trade job security for flexibility?
- South Africa’s student protests: where the past is ever-present
- When Volkswagen handed its staff over to Brazil’s military junta