Macedonia is fast becoming the most widely used migration route to the European Union
A plan to invest in a 700 megawatt coal plant is casting a shadow over Ghana’s green future
In 2008, the world turned a blind eye to Tibet as not a single country boycotted the Olympic Games
Britain faces a homeless crisis, with leading charities warning of disaster without new steps by the government
Since President Enrique Peña Nieto came to power, a journalist in Mexico is assaulted every 26.7 hours
- A colonial hangover: big profits, massive exploitation in the Cape winelands
- Subutex – where heroin addiction therapy meets high profit trafficking
- On Domestic Workers Day, millions of Indian women continue to work in the shadows
- Child labour and exploitation in India’s cotton fields
- Turkey: in pursuit of peace, but what about justice?
- Austerity fallout: Portugal’s elderly barely surviving with charity and cold showers
- Montenegro trade unions fight AmCham pressure over labour standards
- Syrians forced into clandestinity in Lebanon
- Where has São Paulo’s water gone?
- Spain’s Gag Law: spectre of an authoritarian past