“We’re solving a problem for the EU, but we don’t have enough resources to do it”
Following the closure of the migrant camp in Calais, Paris has been experimenting with a new style of reception centre, capable of responding to the urgent need of an ever growing population.
“While all refugees face risks, women and girls experience sexual assault, extortion, exploitation and rights violations at every stage of their traumatic journey”
“All these laws that they create that are supposed to protect women, all they do is increase violence against us”
Moldova is in the midst of an unprecedented political and economic crisis
- US: Mexican communities brace themselves for a Trump administration
- As winter approaches, what will happen to Afghanistan’s returning refugees?
- “With Dadaab closing, we have no option but to return to Somalia”
- As Syrians spread across Europe, so does their food
- Europe grapples with its population “trilemma”
- Enterprising refugees make headway in Germany’s startup scene
- Is the European Union outsourcing its migrant crisis?
- Can Thailand end the abuse of migrant poultry farm workers?
- Four decades on, Germany’s Mozambican youth labourers are still waiting to be paid
- Marcinelle mine disaster revisited by a crisis-shaken Europe