“This is not only about food. With a place to serve food, you also introduce the culture, the tradition and the way of thinking that goes with it”
With Europe’s declining birth rate, combined with migratory pressures, new figures show demographics will become an increasingly critical issue
Young, enterprising Syrians, newly arrived in Germany as refugees, are making good use of the dynamic technological and entrepreneurial scene in cities like Berlin to find work for themselves and others
“We are seeing the militarisation of EU development aid. It’s a contradiction of EU and international law’’
“The [mis]treatment of migrant workers is systematic and common in many Thai industries”
- Four decades on, Germany’s Mozambican youth labourers are still waiting to be paid
- Marcinelle mine disaster revisited by a crisis-shaken Europe
- Voters disillusioned as Australia heads to the polls
- The Rohingya are losing hope
- With Idomeni closed, will Europe keep its promise?
- Brexit – where refugee crisis meets identity crisis
- As migration routes shift, Mediterranean migrant deaths soar
- African migration: more opportunities than challenges?
- SOLIDARITY, SQUATS AND SELF-MANAGEMENT ASSISTING MIGRANTS IN GREECE
- From Eritrea to Denmark: a perilous journey captured on a cell phone