The trendy, refugee-run magdas HOTEL in Vienna invites guests to “stay open-minded”
“They say young people are the future, but when it comes to giving them rights, their hands tremble”
“The occasional checking of emails and surfing of the net is nothing compared to the amount of unpaid overtime hours European workers are giving to their companies”
Afghanistan’s media community is still reeling from a brutal terrorist attack which saw seven journalists massacred by Taliban militants in Kabul
The suicide of a left-wing Dalit student has revived the debate on casteism and discrimination within universities in India
- Court ruling offers limited lifeline for Calais’s desperate refugees
- Australia Day: a controversial celebration
- The winds of change blow gently in Cuba
- ILO edges towards anti-workplace violence convention
- Paris: Roma face camp evictions
- Campaigners welcome steps towards a Financial Transaction Tax
- Rotterdam dockers strike – a test case for Europe?
- Poachers outgun Africa’s vulnerable wildlife rangers
- “Surviving is not a crime”: Barcelona’s migrant street vendors organise
- Germany: Refugees today, the exploited workers of tomorrow?