Mandarin-language websites advertise jobs for as little as half of Australia’s legal minimum wage
UN human rights experts are calling on the Somali government to halt its campaign of repression against trade unionists
Africa’s economy is growing currently at an average rate of 3 per cent per year and in the last decade, six of the world’s ten fastest-growing economies were in sub-Saharan Africa. Yet, the continent’s power supply is not keeping pace
The Afghan government has confirmed plans to go ahead with a controversial power transmission project, despite unprecedented protests from the country’s Hazara minority
Education system deemed ill-equipped for Africa’s Agenda 2063 and Sustainable Development Goals
- At least 60,000 dead in Syria’s prisons, says new report
- Will Italy finally bring its citizenship laws into the 21st century?
- African migration: more opportunities than challenges?
- Europe confronted with renewed steel crisis
- Corruption in São Paulo snatches food out of the mouths of children
- Germany looking for ways to defend the workers of the digital age
- Indonesia’s tragic war on drugs
- ILO reprimands Cairo over labour rights in Egypt
- Defying censorship, hunger stories emerge from Ethiopia
- Workers’ Memorial Day: North Dakota deadliest state in US