Silence by the international community will just send the message that the Malaysian authorities have a blank cheque to keep violating human rights
A national day of action to protest against austerity will take place across the United Kingdom (UK) tomorrow, ahead of a large demonstration outside the Bank of England next month
Spain’s anti-austerity party Podemos has promised Spaniards living abroad to “create a country they can return to”
European officials have approved on Monday controversial proposals to launch a “naval operation” against people smugglers and human traffickers operating on Libya’s Mediterranean coast
Egypt’s High Administrative Court ruled that public employees who participate in sit-ins at a work place would be retired for impeding municipal services
- Poverty and unemployment fuel Burundi’s unrest
- Health access disparities between rural and urban areas persist
- The low paid workers propping up Manila’s construction boom
- Experimental programme tackles youth unemployment through coding
- #EarthDay: traditional farmers take a stand against GM crops
- Thai journalists under increasing pressure
- New data reveals birth rate decline in crisis-hit Greece
- ‘Do you want fries with those poverty wages?’ Global fast food workers strike out
- What’s the future for women’s rights in Afghanistan?
- UK voters want something new; can the Greens give it to them?