It is not the Amazon that is suffering the world’s most rapid rate of deforestation, but the second largest forest in South America: Gran Chaco
Soy is the main export and source of foreign currency in Argentina. But it is also a source of controversy in the areas where it is spreading, such as in Cordoba, where citizen mobilisation has put an end to Monsanto’s plans to open a plant in the province.
The World Economic Forum considers Paraguay the country with the worst level of education in the world
A youth orchestra that turns waste into musical instruments and overcomes poverty
In Paraguay, 47,000 children live as domestic servants in exchange for board, food and education. Denounced by UNICEF, it’s known as criadazgo.
- Massacre involving land rights dispute calls Paraguayan justice system into question
- Juvenile detention centres, a very real Dante’s Inferno in Paraguay
- Paraguay gears up for ‘historic’ protests
- Paraguay: against neoliberalism and for social justice
- Paraguayan transport drivers crucify themselves in sacking protest