Ashraful Azad: Of the five acts of genocide mentioned in the 1948 Convention on Genocide, four have been committed against the Rohingya in Myanmar since 1978
“Refugees are seen as lesser workers – we are not considered for proper jobs unless we prove our ’German-ness’.’’
Following the closure of the migrant camp in Calais, Paris has been experimenting with a new style of reception centre, capable of responding to the urgent need of an ever growing population.
Only 10 countries host more than half of the world’s refugees. Amongst them, Lebanon has the highest per-capita concentration
“This cyclical pattern of prolonged conflict must end to avoid another generation of children being lost to war and suffering”
- “With Dadaab closing, we have no option but to return to Somalia”
- As Syrians spread across Europe, so does their food
- Enterprising refugees make headway in Germany’s startup scene
- Mentors for migrants: integrating refugees in the EU labour market
- Undocumented immigrant detainees: the (passive) merchandise of a lucrative business
- With Idomeni closed, will Europe keep its promise?
- Brexit – where refugee crisis meets identity crisis
- SOLIDARITY, SQUATS AND SELF-MANAGEMENT ASSISTING MIGRANTS IN GREECE
- Turkey doesn’t want to join Europe – it wants to undermine it
- From Eritrea to Denmark: a perilous journey captured on a cell phone