The Guatemalan president Otto Pérez Molina has promised to continue investigating crimes against trade unionists and to provide them with more security if they consider their lives to be in danger
Despite being 60 per cent owned by Amancio Ortega, the third richest person on the planet, the Spanish multinational Zara is exploiting its employees in Chile, imposing poor pay and working conditions. In response, the workers have decided to … Continued
Today in America a chief executive earns 273 times more than the average worker. Everyone from the 99 per cent to President Barack Obama now sees that growing inequality stymies economic growth and diminishes every society. Yet the richest … Continued
- Syrian refugees in Lebanon face harsh working conditions
- Zimbabwe: government and unions headed for showdown?
- Time is running out for Indonesian domestic worker on Saudi death row
- Women workers in Pakistan: an invisible workforce?
- Movie on Cesar Chavez to push for National Day of Service in his honour
- Belgium ramps up EU expulsions
- Egypt: human rights groups rally against mass death sentences
- Will Amazon respect labour laws as it expands eastwards?
- Rana Plaza victims to receive first compensation payments from ILO-run fund
- Farmakonisi migrant tragedy sparks EU policy debate