Workers and unions across the world have been joined by conscious consumers and retailers in remembering the first anniversary of the Rana Plaza disaster in Bangladesh
Asia and Pacific
Today in America a chief executive earns 273 times more than the average worker. Everyone from the 99 per cent to President Barack Obama now sees that growing inequality stymies economic growth and diminishes every society. Yet the richest … Continued
- Canada: Mexico found guilty of blacklisting pro-union migrant workers
- Morocco’s call centre workers get organised
- Syrian refugees in Lebanon face harsh working conditions
- Zimbabwe: government and unions headed for showdown?
- Time is running out for Indonesian domestic worker on Saudi death row
- Women workers in Pakistan: an invisible workforce?
- Movie on Cesar Chavez to push for National Day of Service in his honour
- Belgium ramps up EU expulsions
- Egypt: human rights groups rally against mass death sentences
- Will Amazon respect labour laws as it expands eastwards?